Columbia County Courthouse

230 Strand Street, St. Helens, OR 97051 • Phone: (503) 397-7210 • Toll Free: (888) 397-7210

Columbia County

Manufactured Structures

Manufactured structure ownership and siting information is maintained by the Building Codes Division (BCD) of the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS).  Our office is a contract agent of BCD to process ownership and situs changes.  Due to limited staffing and resources, we can no longer offer same day processing of these requests.  Changes will be processed within one week after we receive the appropriate form(s) and fees.

There is a $55.00 fee for each ownership document change.

For additional information, please visit the BCD Website.


Forms can be downloaded from BCD.

Frequently Asked Questions

I sold my manufactured home, what do I need to do?
You first need to contact the Assessor of the county in which the home is located.  All taxes must be current. If you are changing ownership after December 31st, you will have to pay taxes that will become due the following November 15th. You should allow one week for processing.

The market value of my manufactured home from the most recent property tax bill is more than I paid for it. I thought manufactured homes depreciate in value so how can that be?
We have found that manufactured homes will increase or decrease in value depending on the current real estate market.  We collect data on sales of manufactured homes every year and compare the sales prices to the current real market value.  Manufactured structure values are then adjusted annually based on the sales analysis.